[5/24/17] Fox News host Sean Hannity lost an advertiser Wednesday after pushing a baseless conspiracy theory surrounding the killing of a former Democratic National Committee (DNC) staffer, BuzzFeed reported.
Cars.com announced that it would immediately pull all advertisements from Hannity’s 10 p.m. show, a day after the Fox host said he would stop discussing the story of former DNC staffer Seth Rich “for now.”
“The fact that we advertise on a particular program doesn’t mean that we agree or disagree, or support or oppose, the content,” Cars.com said in a statement reported by BuzzFeed. “In this case, we’ve been watching closely and have recently made the decision to pull our advertising from Hannity.”
Hannity and other figures on the right have claimed that Rich’s death last year in the streets of Washington, D.C., was connected to the WikiLeaks dump of hacked emails from Hillary Clinton‘s campaign, and have cast doubts on official police reports of the incident.
On Tuesday, Fox News retracted its story about Rich, 27, who was shot and killed last summer. In a statement, Fox News said its initial article “was not initially subjected to the high degree of editorial scrutiny we require from all our reporting.”
For almost a decade Gov't Slaves has worked tirelessly to bring its readers the most critical news the corporate media does not want you to see. We have no intrusive ads, pop-ups or clickbait, just NEWS. If you happen to be in a position to support our work, PLEASE consider making a one-time donation below or a monthly recurring donation HERE. Your support is humbly appreciated. Gov't Slaves