Every business, from a start-up company to a large enterprise, requires a website these days. But not everyone needs huge e-commerce website or a high-end web app that can stand up to hundred thousand of people hitting the website every minute. And to manage such kinds of a website it needs privately dedicated hosts, which may cost more than a 1-month house rent. Not everyone can afford one. Most of us just need a static page with detail about a business or maybe a blogging functionality and something that all can afford, too. Cost is a critically important consideration when selecting a web host.
But first, let’s know what Web Hosts are. A web host is a company with servers that you can use to store and deliver files and data of your website. Large companies can spend hundreds of dollars each year on a dedicated web hosting plan, but there are plenty of web hosts designed specifically for small businesses.
So if you are ready to take your first step of building your website, i.e. buying a host, check out our list of 10 top cheapest hosting plans you can get.
Godaddy is excellent for personal and commercial hosting purposes, thanks to its dependable uptime, Linux- and Windows-based servers, excellent customer service, and other features. The cheapest plan of GoDaddy- Economy basic shared hosting package includes a free domain name, 100GB of storage, the ability to host one website, unlimited monthly data transfers, and free Microsoft 365 Business email.
- Gives Unlimited Bandwidth
- Offers Quality WordPress Auto-Install
- The basic plan gets you a free domain name.
- Excellent Customer Service
- 30-days Money Back Guarantee.
- Their Uptime Guarantee Isn’t Great
- Lack of password-protected pages functionality
- Very Restrictive On Data
- Explicitly Limits Your Databases, Email Addresses & Memory
Their support is pretty decent, while their partnership with SiteLock can help you sleep well at night knowing someone else is worrying about the potential security problems or issues. Their plans are quite cheap and their servers have an uptime of 99.91% which is quite good.
- Pretty Good Customer Support
- Very Inexpensive Hosting
- Good Security Options with SiteLock Security
- Third Party Application Support and Integration Options
- Expensive Domain Names
- Expensive Renewal
You may also want to know The 7 facts that nobody tell you before about i-page and the 10 Reasons Why People Like iPage
WebHostingPad is one of the better hosting services that you can find that offers some really affordable hosting plans. It was formed in 2005 by a team of very successful and proven industry veterans that are hell-bent on delivering the best value possible when it comes to web hosting.
- Has a site Builder application
- Their data center offers complete redundancy in power, security, network connectivity, fire suppression, and HVAC
- 99.99% uptime
- Great Customer Support
- Need to Pay Extra for Backup Features
- You need to get 3 Years of Service to Lock in Low Introductory Price
FatCow made a name for itself by providing cheapest web hosting services for small to medium-sized businesses. FatCow is owned and managed by Endurance International Group (EIG), which is a large hosting business group. They offer a full spectrum of hosting services from shared hosting to dedicated servers with unique branding.
- Simple Backend
- Short-term Pricing & Plan Structure Available
- Strong Uptime Record
- Daily Backup
- Unlimited hosting is very limited
- They have vDesk instead of cPanel
- Bad tech support
IPOWER is a powerful web hosting company that started its journey in 2001. The birth year of the hosting company proves that this is an old hosting company that has been serving its customers with many types of web hosting services. The company provides not only hosting services but also other types of services that are the complement to run a site without missing anything.
- Great Customer Service & Support
- High Hosting Performance
- Easy back-end Control Panel access
- Guarantees & Freebies
- Free Data Backups
- Database / Website Limitations
- Does not provide Windows Hosting
6. Dream Host
DreamHost is one of the largest and most established hosting companies online. They have been operating since 1997 (positively ancient by digital standards) and have grown to serve more than 1.5 million websites and 400,000 customers across the globe.
- Simplicity in Pricing and plans
- Feature set of Core and Developer
- Full Spectrum of Hosting Services
- Customer transparency
- Money-back Guarantee
- Mediocre Performance
- No Phone Support
- Lack of Web Applications
- No auto-install
IXWebHosting has been around since 1999 when they started hosting sites on a server located in someone’s living room. That’s a long time to be in business, and the company has since grown to serve 110,000 customers and hosts more than 470,000 websites. Their headquarters building and data center are combined in one location, in Columbus, Ohio, USA.
- Reliable server with 99.9% uptime guarantee.
- Money Back Guarantee
- Great dedicated IP offers
- Control panel – not easy to use.
TurnKey Internet is a green, US-based web host located in New York state’s Tech Valley region. They provide shared, VPS, dedicated, and colocation hosting powered by 100% renewable energy. For companies looking for a simple website solution, they also offer site builder plans. These include hosting, email, web conferencing (with some plans), and an easy-to-use website builder with over 2,000 customizable templates.
- 24/7 Customer Support Service
- Automated backups
- 100% uptime guarantee.
- Lack of Web Applications
- Less performance as compared to others hosting companies.
InterServer has been in the web hosting game for a long time. Since 1999, the company has expanded to two New Jersey-based data centers, and is in the process of expanding to new locations. Many of the same people who started the company remain there to this day.
- 99.5% uptime guarantee.
- Great VPS Service
- Good Value For The Money
- Money Back And Price Lock Guarantees
- Limited Services
- Unresponsive Customer Support
Liquid Web is another robust web hosting company that deals only with several VPS and dedicated hosting plans. All the hosting plans are bundled with a lot of exciting features and you can expect a smooth service from any of its plans.
- Fast & Reliable
- VPS & Dedicated Hosting Dialed-In
- 24/7 Customer support
- They Are A Bit Pricey