What does it look like when the entire system around you collapses?
The fallout in Puerto Rico, which has left a devastating impact with no food on grocery store shelves or electricity to over three million people, gives us a glimpse:
— The Daily Sheeple (@TheDailySheeple) October 1, 2017
- Many homes were completely destroyed.
- There is hardly any potable water.
- Hospitals are struggling to keep people alive.
- There isn’t much food.
- There is little communication.
- Help has been slow to arrive
In her widely popular guide The Prepper’s Blueprint, Tess Pennington of ReadyNutrition.com explains, with countless references to real-life events, how society and the system as we have come to know it can rapidly come to a standstill. Such disastrous aftermaths are, in fact, nothing new and have been repeated time and again throughout history:
Disasters have been going on for centuries and for someone to think they are untouchable is naive. Roughly 1% of Americans are adequately prepared for a disaster. The other 99% – well it’s not so good for them. Since disasters tend to have a mind of their own and the capacity to cripple our normal way of life, we want to create a well-rounded approach to our preparedness efforts.
…Disasters do not discriminate. In the aftermath of the event, you will be on your own, left to provide for your family with the supplies and knowledge you have accrued. If you are prepared with the mental and spiritual foundation to overcome a disaster, then you will transition into survival mode more quickly.
What should be obvious from the images and stories we’re hearing from Puerto Rico is that something on the order of 99% of the population and 99% of the government were simply not prepared for a total breakdown of their way of life.
While Americans on the mainland watch in awe, few will take this opportunity to prepare for the next disaster, which means that this scenario of panic and pandemonium will be repeated once again in the near future.
Copyright Information: This article was reprinted with permission from SHTFplan.com. Please contact the author directly for republishing information.
For almost a decade Gov't Slaves has worked tirelessly to bring its readers the most critical news the corporate media does not want you to see. We have no intrusive ads, pop-ups or clickbait, just NEWS. If you happen to be in a position to support our work, PLEASE consider making a one-time donation below or a monthly recurring donation HERE. Your support is humbly appreciated. Gov't Slaves