[2/16/17] Mankind is on the cusp of a transition that we cannot come back from. For many years scientists have sought technology that can actively alter memories and identity.
New World Technology has the ability to change our perception by altering our memory; some of the technologies can even make us forget history, and by doing so can distort morals. But there is a far greater evil, scientists can even plant memories.
Several methods are mentioned in the above video by S. Matthew Liao, who is the current holder of the Arthur Zitrin Chair of Bioethics and is the Director of the Center for Bioethics and Affiliated Professor in the Department of Philosophy at New York University, those methods are as follows;
- Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging
– is a functional neuroimaging procedure using MRI technology that measures brain activity by detecting changes associated with blood flow. This technique relies on the fact that cerebral blood flow and neuronal activation are coupled. When an area of the brain is in use, blood flow to that region also increases.
- Deep Brain Stimulation (+)
– is a neurosurgical procedure introduced in 1987, involving the implantation of a medical device called a neurostimulator (sometimes referred to as a ‘brain pacemaker’), which sends electrical impulses, through implanted electrodes, to specific targets in the brain (brain nuclei) for the treatment of movement and neuropsychiatric disorders
- Psychopharmaceuticals, Psychopharmacology
– is the scientific study of the effects drugs have on mood, sensation, thinking, and behavior. It is distinguished from neuropsychopharmacology, which emphasizes the correlation between drug-induced changes in the functioning of cells in the nervous system and changes in consciousness and behavior.
Other researchers in the fields of science and technology are working on removing the literal belief system, or faith, from an individual by using magnets.